TOP TREND AUTOPARTS SOLUTIONS SDN BHD
Product Warranty by Merchants & Additional Terms for Merchants
1) Merchant shall provide a minimum standard warranty on all parts sold through Qparts2U portal as prescribed by the MAI mandated “4R2S” standards. The paragraphs below outlines the minimum requirements and limitations of the required warranties:
- reused parts and components - not less than 30 days from the date of purchase where such warranty shall be in writing and assured by the warranty provider;
- repaired parts and components - not less than 45 days from the date of purchase where such warranty shall be in writing and assured by the warranty provider; and
- remanufactured parts and components - not less than 90 days from the date of purchase where such warranty shall be in writing and assured by the warranty provider.
Warranty for the respective product must be registered through the e-warranty platform which is part of the Qparts2U portal within 7 days of the invoice date. The 4r2S Standard Parts Warranty coverage begins on the date when the part has been successfully registered through the e-warranty system.
In the the event of part failure:
Merchants shall use their discretion to decide if they need to repair the part, refund the buyer the original purchase price of the part, or replace failed parts with parts that have equal-to or a greater mileage value than that of the original part purchased. The Standard Parts Warranty is limited to the purchase price of the individual part as indicated on the buyer's order page and in the confirmation email, and does not include taxes, shipping cost(s), or other fees.
Covered Under the 4R2s Standard Parts Warranty
The 4R2S Standard Parts Warranty ensures that parts are protected against failure for part-type related warrantied days due to the following causes:
- Manufacturer defect
- Improper removal, storage or transportation by merchants
The standard parts warranty protects each buyer by offering at least the following guarantees:
- If any part fails under the terms of this warranty the buyer will be provided with a replacement part or refunded the original purchase price, at the seller's discretion.
- If a replacement part is provided, the replacement part will be warrantied at least part-type related days from the date of its shipment.
Not Covered Under the 4R2S Standard Parts Warranty
- Any and all tools or accessories provided with the part for the convenience of installation.
- Any part which is applied to the wrong make, model, year or configuration of vehicle, which Qparts2u does not specifically state are the correct match for your part.
- Airbags, tires, and seat belts, which are sold "as is" and may not be returned.
The standard parts warranty does not provide for any payments or guarantees towards costs or damages incurred from the following events:
- Breakdowns caused by non-covered components, improper installation, failure to clear computer codes, defective workmanship, usage for which the part was not intended and/or improper maintenance.
- Loss of time, opportunities or other damages resulting from the inability to drive a vehicle due to mechanical or other failure of parts sold on Qparts2u.
- Failure of accessories or other parts which are directly or indirectly caused by defect in parts sold on Qparts2u.
- Damages incurred during an automotive collision or accident which is directly or indirectly caused by defect in parts sold on Qparts2u.
All Warranties are Null and Void if:
- The vehicle is used in a fleet, taxi, government, commercial vehicle, or limo service or is used for racing or other competition or off-road recreational purposes.
- The part is installed in an application for which the vehicle manufacturer did not intend it.
- Failure is caused by abuse, misuse, or modifications of the part or vehicle it’s installed into.
- The part fails or becomes defective due to the vehicle being involved in a collision.
- The part is installed or operated in a vehicle outside of the United States.
- If your part has an installed heat tab, the center is melted or removed.
- The vehicle is not serviced at proper intervals, or fuel/oil/coolant is not used in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
Warranty - Terms and Conditions
- All parts sold on Qparts2u are warranted by the merchant who sells the part. TopTrend Autoparts Solutions Sdn Bhd does not provide warranty on any products sold through Qparts2u.com.
- Warranty claims should be addressed to the original merchant. Reparations, including replacement parts or reimbursements are provided by the original merchant and not TopTrend Autoparts Solutions Sdn Bhd.
- Merchants reserve the right to inspect any part prior to replacement.
- The original order confirmation email or a printout of the order page must accompany all returns and warranty claims.
- Appropriate maintenance receipts may be required.
- Warranties are not transferable.
- Qparts2u and its merchants are not responsible for injury or damages during, or as a result of, the installation of any part purchased through the marketplace.
- Timing belts, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, fluids and seals are routine maintenance items and should be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended service intervals.
- While most fluids have been drained from parts sold on Qparts2u, it is your responsibility to completely drain and replace fluids, lubricants, antifreeze, and filters with replacements that are fresh, clean and approved by the vehicle manufacturer.
- In the event of part failure: The buyer must use all reasonable means to protect the product from further damage and must return the original defective product to the merchant.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR MERCHANTS
Merchant may offer products for sale through Qparts2U by uploading submissions regarding your Product offerings (each a “Product Listing”).Merchants must use standardized AutoAdvocate Products Submissions Form and Images Requirement and description fields. Merchant acknowledges that Top Trend Autoparts Solutions Sdn Bhd is not a party to any sale of any Products between Merchant and its buyer, and that Merchant is solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all Product Listings. Merchant warrants to Top Trend Autoparts Solutions Sdn Bhd and its buyer that all Submissions in any Product Listings will comply with the Terms.
Merchant may list and sell any Products that (i) they are able to demonstrate that it has the legal right to transfer their ownership to the buyer; and (ii) are not illegal in Malaysia. Merchant is solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws relating to the advertisement, sale, export compliance and shipping of all Products.
Quality and Cleanliness
Merchant shall ensure that any Product sold through Qparts2U will be processed in compliance with accepted industry standards and of presentable quality before being shipped to any buyer.
Warranty; Repeat Returns
Merchant shall offer a full part replacement warranty not shorter than minimum recommended days (in compliance with the Malaysia Automotive Institute recommended industry standard “4R2S”) from the time of shipment on all Products sold via Qparts2U. If Merchant experiences repeated returns or warranty claims of Products, or Top Trend Autoparts Solutions Sdn Bhd receives multiple complaints regarding Merchant, Top Trend Autoparts Solution Sdn Bhd may temporarily or permanently ban Merchant from access and use of the Services. For additional warranty terms, please refer “Product Warranty By Merchants”.
Returns, Exchanges and Refunds
Merchant must, at a minimum, offer customers the ability to exchange a Product or return it for a full refund for any reason within 7 days of shipment. Merchant must, at a minimum, offer buyers the ability to return and receive a full refund not to exceed the transaction price if the Product is defective or becomes defective within related warrantied days of shipment. Merchant may, at its option, include additional return, refund and exchange terms. All return, refund and exchange terms must be stated clearly and prominently in each Product Listing. Qparts2U reserves the right to remove any Product Listing that does not conform with these Merchant Terms. Merchant agrees to promptly process any requests for returns, exchanges, or refunds within 14-day of receipt of returned product.
Merchant shall apply the Qparts2U Smart Labelling system and will comply with all Malaysia labeling and packaging laws pertaining to the Products. Merchant shall make reasonable efforts in using the appropriate packing materials and methods to prevent shipping damage.
Shipping; Loss; Insurance
Merchant will pay all costs associated with packaging and shipping all Products to all buyers. Merchant will ship all purchased Products using a shipping method not longer than two days of the order date (excluding weekends and holidays). Merchant shall have the capability to ship anywhere within the Malaysia. When creating a Product Listing, Seller can either enter its own shipping costs, or it can select Qparts2U estimated shipping cost, either of which will be included in the price the buyer pays. Merchant agrees that any suggested shipping fees are estimates, and not a guarantee as to the cost to ship the Product. If Merchant selects a suggested shipping fee, Merchant is responsible to complete the transaction with the buyers at that suggested cost, even if Merchant’s true cost to ship the Product is more expensive. Merchant agrees to insure all shipments for the replacement cost of all Products in each shipment. Merchant agrees to capture images of its parts prior to shipping to document the condition of such parts. Qparts2U reserves the right to suspend Merchant for shipments longer than seven calendar days from the order date.
Merchant shall maintain a primary and secondary representative assigned to be the point of contact for Merchantr (“Qparts2U Sales Manager”) and shall provide Merchant the contact information for the Qparts2U Sales Managers. Merchant shall update Qparts2U immediately in the event of a change in designation of a Qparts2U Sales Managers.
Transactional Performance Reviews
Merchants shall review its Performance reports or Dashboard on a weekly basis and will promptly notify Qparts2U of any issues.
To help keep Qparts2U a robust platform for marketing and selling quality parts, Qparts2U may mask or otherwise obscure Seller’s name and location in connection with its Product Listings.
Merchant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Qparts2U and the Qparts2U Parties from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by Qparts2U as a result of any claim, judgment, or adjudication against Qparts2U arising from any claim relating to (i) any Product or content sold or made available via Qparts2U, including without limitation any claim related to injury, dismemberment, disability or death and any claim that any Product or content infringes any third-party intellectual property rights, violates any applicable law or is defective or dangerous; and (ii) Merchant’s own website or other sales channels, the content Merchant provides, and the advertisement, offer, sale or return of any Products sold.